DIY Shirt Transformation.

Happy New Month great minds, today I’m sharing with you one of my recent DIY (Do It Yourself) shirt transformation project, it’s all about turning an old button down shirt into a trending blouse. I've always  wanted to do a DIY post like this for a while now,  but I couldn't because I had other commitments and its takes a lot of time and effort to put all this pics together, due to the fact that I had  to take snap of each process so you all can find it easy to reproduce.  I hope you guys have a good imagination because I’m teaching this DIY Project with pictures only; still don’t know how to operate the vid in my camera just yet, I’m not even sure I want to, too much stress. Haha!.

 First of all for this project you will need a preloved shirt you own,  because this project is all about upcycling your already owned ensemble, its saves you the cost of buying a new outfits( that’s the Economist in me talking) haha. A scissors for cutting, a tape for measuring, an elastic band for the stretchy shoulder and a sewing machine, though the sewing machine saves time and energy you can also use needle and thread if you don’t have a sewing machine close by.

 Step 2: measure where you want your shoulder to rest, the arm sleeve and the length of the blouse, I made mine 6, 13 and 20 respectively, and these figures will do for almost everyone.

Step 3: sew the part you cut out from the shirt length to the arm sleeve to form a bell shape. You don’t need to do any special thing to it; the bottom of every shirt comes with a wave like helm that makes it look like bell.

Step 4:  turn in a fold to round the top of the blouse, leave a space to pass throw the elastic band,but first put the elastic band round your shoulder first to make sure it fits, then use a safety pin to pass it through the small space you left still it get to the other end, then sew the two ends of the elastic band and sew the space you left on the fabric shut. ( ps: Ignore my snack, it keeps me company while I work)



Step 4: helm the bottom of the blouse and viola you are ready to rock out your new transform bell sleeve top.

Now for the before and after photos, wish is my favourite part of this post.
BEFORE

AFTER:








That’s it everyone, hope you've learnt enough to reproduce this DIY project..  Tag me on Instagram    when you do, I will love to see it. Thanks for dropping by, till my next post. Remember to share this post to your friends on social media. Don’t be stingy Lol; There is a share button down below. Peace.

NEVER MISS A POST:
Follow Me And The Blog On >> Facebook || Instagram || Twitter || Bloglovin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Poised For Greatness

Santa's Girl

Unsual